One of NWU’s largest chapters, with nearly two hundred members, At-Large consists of writers from most of the fifty states, Puerto Rico, and nations from around the globe.
While we are not geographically proximate to each other, we utilize the magic of words and the marvels of technology to create a community that is actual as well as virtual.
With the launching of this website and in other ways, we are planning to help foment a union resurgence like that upsurge of spirituality in the ‘Great Awakening.’ The times in which we live seem to call for such a great vision, in any case. Please, join us.
Many people confuse solidarity with agreement, or loyalty, in general, when in actuality its meaning in the twenty-first century context revolves around five key factors, simple yet indispensable:
- first, support for workers rights and empowerment;
- second, support for social rights and empowerment;
- third, support for citizens rights andempowerment;
- fourth, the existence and flowering of an engaged, participatory democracy;
- fifth, the growth of organizations that workers independently operate and lead.