SAVE THE DATE:
Tuesday, October 19, 2021
The Metro NY Labor Communications Council will host a panel discussion on recent efforts to organize journalists in labor unions and/or non-traditional advocacy groups. These campaigns pose challenges and opportunities for those on staff as well as freelancers. Join Metro NY Labor and union leaders for an informative discussion 11 a.m. – 12 noon, Tuesday, October 19. The event will be held via videoconference. A link will be sent out closer to the date.
- What issues drive organizing within the workplace?
- What learning curve do younger folks face when it comes to labor?
- What does it means to be in a union?
- What rights resonate most?
- How does a one union’s drive fit within the labor movement as a whole?
- Do unions benefit from media coverage?
- How to be more successful organizing staff journalists and freelancers?
For more information, contact Metro NY Labor’s Timothy Sheard, chair; or Margarita Aquilr, recording secretary.